Important Health Warning (Updated 09/17/20)
Fox Run Health Center
We are grateful to report that we currently have zero confirmed resident cases of COVID-19 within the Fox Run Health Center.
On September 9th a staff member tested positive for COVID-19. As a result, and in accordance with New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) guidelines, all skilled nursing residents will be tested for COVID-19 on September 15th and 23rd. Results from the September 15th testing date have not been received. Per the NYSDOH, all visitation for skilled nursing residents has been temporarily suspended.
On September 17th, NYSDOH issued new health guidelines for skilled nursing facilities. These new guidelines include the following:
- Fox Run will be able to resume visitation for skilled nursing families and loved ones on Thursday, September 24th. Original guideline was if an employee/resident tested positive for COVID-19, visitation was suspended for 28 days. Under the new guideline visitation will be suspended 14 days
- All visitors for SKILLED NURSING ONLY must present a verified negative test result for COVID-19 that was completed within the last seven days of their visit. Visitation will be declined if the individual(s) fails to present a verified negative result, exhibits any signs or symptoms of COVID-19, or does not pass the screening questions. The COVID-19 testing applies to visitors and loved ones for SKILLED NURSING LEVEL OF CARE ONLY
- Visitors under the age of 18 years old are prohibited from visiting skilled nursing residents at this time
If you would like to schedule an appointment today for a FaceTime or a balcony visit, or an in-person outdoor visit after September 24th with your skilled nursing loved one, please contact Jennifer Pellicane, Activity Supervisor, at 716.508.2157 or Jpellicane@foxrunorchardpark.com. Jennifer will return all calls with-in 48 hours. Please do not call the nurses station as they are caring for residents.
Assisted Living & Memory Care
If you would like to schedule an outdoor visit or FaceTime with your loved one residing in assisted living or memory care, please contact Jennifer Pellicane, Activity Supervisor, at Jpellicane@foxrunorchardpark.com or 716.508.2157. Jennifer will return all calls with-in 48 hours.
In-person Visitation Information
Available hours for scheduled visits:
- Monday – Friday, 10:00am – 5:00pm
- Saturday & Sunday, 9:00am – 3:00pm
Important Guidelines to read BEFORE you visit:
- Two visitors are allowed for a 30-minute outdoor visit (one visitor may be under the age of 18 for Assisted Living & Memory Care)
- Masks are required at all times. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided
- Tables and chairs will be set up to adhere to social distancing guidelines
- The visitation area will be sanitized before & after each visit
- When you arrive, please check-in at the Health Center reception desk
- After completion and approval of a health questionnaire, and a temperature check confirmed below 100℉, you will then drive to the new Health Center entrance outdoor area
Staff COVID-19 Testing
In accordance with Governor Cuomo’s executive order, weekly COVID-19 testing continues for all staff that work in our Health Center until October 4th. Staff continue to be screened before and monitored during all shifts.
Hair Salon Services
Per NYSDOH, all hair salon services remain suspended until further notice for our Health Center.
COVID-19 Crisis Overview
Over the course of the pandemic, the Fox Run Health Center has had a total of eight residents who have come off quarantine. Sadly, we continue to mourn the loss of our two Community Members whose deaths were COVID-19 related.
Fox Run continues to be in daily contact with NYSDOH and our local representative from the Erie County DOH to ensure all processes and protocols are strictly followed. We continue to go above and beyond all Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines.
Should you have any questions regarding your loved one in the Health Center, please contact the Fox Run CEO, Health Center Administrator, or Director of Nursing. All contact information is listed at the bottom of this page.
Fox Run Independent Living
(Commons Building, Arbor View Apartments & Patio Homes)
We are grateful to report that we continue to have zero confirmed cases of COVID-19 within our independent living community.
Fox Run Independent Living Community Members & staff members should continue to wear a mask at all times when in common areas including outdoors, and must try to maintain a distance of six feet from everyone.
In-person Visitation Information for Independent Living
Limited visitation is now permitted outdoors and inside apartments & patio homes (between the hours of 8am & 8pm). Visitors are NOT permitted in any indoor common areas.
We continue to strongly encourage Community Members to exercise caution and to closely adhere to all social distancing precautions at all times (wear masks, frequent hand washing, six feet social distancing) but particularly when having visitors on campus.
Visitations will be limited and subject to strict guidelines (see below). These are subject to change based on adherence to guidelines & directives from local and NYS authorities.
All visitors must follow these important guidelines:
(Independent Living Community Members are responsible for ensuring all guidelines & protocols are followed by their visitors)
- Visitors are permitted from 8am-8pm daily
- NO overnight visits
- Number of visitors are limited to:
- TWO for indoor visits per apartment or patio home
- FOUR for outdoor visits per apartment or patio home
- All visitors are required to wear a mask at all times, including outdoors, and must maintain a distance of six feet from one another
- All visitors (including outdoor visitors) MUST FIRST check-in at the Commons reception desk
- At check-in, a Fox Run staff member will administer a touch-less temperature check (to ensure its below 100℉) and each visitor must fill out a health questionnaire. If approved, a ‘visitor day pass’ will be issued
- After checking in, visitors must go directly to the apartment, patio home, or outdoor visiting area
- Visitors are NOT permitted to pick up meals or mail from the Commons
- Visitors are NOT permitted in The Oak Room including the patio, The Bistro, or The Michael J. Maloney Event Center
Unfortunately at this time, we cannot allow any visitors who have traveled from any of the states and territories currently listed on Governor Cuomo’s advisory list, unless they have self-quarantined in NYS for at least 14 days.
Current restricted states and territories are:
Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Guam, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia & Wisconsin
Community Information for Independent Living
Fox Run In-house TV Channel 1390 Schedule
- Wednesday Covid Updates with Fox Run CEO, Bill Wlodarcyk
- Wednesdays at 2:00pm
- Friday Coffee Hour with Mary Wellington & Bill Wlodarczyk
- Fridays at 10:30am
- Fitness Classes with Jennelle Tucker, Fox Run Fitness Coordinator
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday – Mat Pilates/Yoga – 7:55am
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday – Pilates/Yoga – 8:55am
- Tuesday/Thursday – Advance Strength & Stretch – 7:55am
- Tuesday/Thursday – Strength & Stretch – 8:55am
- Tuesday/Thursday – Gentle Seated – 10:55am
The Bistro (informal dining room) and Fox’s Den (pub) are both closed until further notice. Catering and/or group meals are not available until further notice. As always, no outside food or drink can be brought into any of our dining venues.
The Oak Room (formal dining room) is now open with limited seating and a limited menu. Hours listed below are for Monday-Saturday, except for Sunday Brunch.
- Breakfast is served 8:00am-9:30am
- Lunch is served 11:30am-1:30pm
- Dinner is served 4:30pm-6:30pm
- Patio will be open, weather permitting
- Last seating is at 5:30pm
- Reservations required, please call 716.508.2142
- Sunday (only) Brunch is served 11:00am-1:00pm
- Patio will be open, weather permitting
- Reservations *not* required
- Take-out and delivery options for all meals are available
- Please call 716.508.2142 to place your order at the Bistro
The Fox’s Market: We recently introduced our very own meal kit service created by the Fox Run Dining Services Team. This service provides an easy way for Fox Run Community Members & staff to cook their own innovative chef-like meals right at home. Each meal kit comes with a step-by-step recipe card and all the ingredients needed, freshly packed and pre-portioned.
Fox Run Community Members may use their declining balance for one meal kit. Additional meals will be charged to the resident’s monthly service fee statement. Staff, cash only please.
Ordering: The weekly menu and order forms will be distributed through in-house mailboxes every Sunday. Additional order forms are available in the Bistro.
Please return all order forms to the Bistro or by calling the Dining Services Department at 716.508.2142, by the deadline listed on your order form.
Fitness classes in the Fitness Center with Jennelle Tucker, Fitness Coordinator, have resumed. The classes are limited to ONLY seven Community Members per class, first come first serve. Please do not move the chairs as they will be appropriately placed for social distancing. You must sanitize all of your equipment after every class. All Community Members must wear their masks the entire time during the class. Jennelle’s fitness classes will still be broadcasted on the Fox Run in-house TV Channel 1390 and on the secure Google drive. If you have any questions please contact Jennelle, her information is below.
Personal One-on-One Training: Fox Run Community Members may request an appointment with the Fitness Coordinator and this service is included in the monthly service fee.
Online Classes: Fox Run Community Members may access Jennelle’s fitness videos online through a secure Google drive. These fitness videos can be watched at any time on your personal computer or device from the comfort of your own home.
All 10 fitness classes are on the Google drive: Mat Pilates/Yoga, Pilates/Yoga, Advance Strength & Stretch, Strength & Stretch, and Gentle Seated. If you would like more information or access to these fitness videos, please contact Jennelle Tucker, Fitness Coordinator at JTucker@foxrunorchardpark.com or 716.508.2113.
In-person religious services are available for Fox Run Community Members ONLY with limited attendance to comply with the Governor’s executive order.
Catholic Mass is held on Saturdays at 2:00pm & 4:00pm, in the Michael J. Maloney Event Center. Sanitization will occur in between masses.
Ecumenical Service is held on Sundays at 4:00pm, in the Michael J. Maloney Center.
Please wear masks while in attendance and please do not move the limited number of chairs, as they have been appropriately placed six feet apart.
Other Miscellaneous Information
Grocery & Medication Deliveries:
- For assistance with Instacart deliveries, please contact Robyn Foster, Activities Coordinator at RFoster@foxrunorchardpark.com or 716.508.2108
- Deliveries to Community Members living in the Arbor View apartments must be delivered to The Commons Building. Fox Run staff will call and ask the Community Member to come to the Commons Reception Desk to pick up their items. If the Community Member is unable, Fox Run staff will deliver them. We thank you in advance for your cooperation with this matter
- Deliveries to Community Members living in the Fox Run patio homes should go directly to the patio homes. We thank you for your cooperation
- Any Fox Run Community Members that need a mask, please contact the Commons Reception Desk
If you have questions or concerns about your Independent Living loved one please contact Mary Wellington, Director of Resident Services (contact info below).
On behalf of our management team, we appreciate your patience and understanding in these unprecedented times.
Bill Wlodarczyk, Fox Run Chief Executive Officer:
WWlodarczyk@foxrunorchardpark.com or 716.508.2122
Michelle Murtha Kraus, Administrator/Associate Executive Director:
MKraus@foxrunorchardpark.com or 716.508.2165
Mary Wellington, Director of Resident Services:
MWellington@foxrunorchardpark.com or 716.508.2106
Janine Fino, Director of Nursing:
JFino@foxrunorchardpark.com or 716.508.2161
Jennifer Pellicane, Activities Supervisor:
JPellicane@foxrunorchardpark.com or 716.508.2157
Jennelle Tucker, Fitness Coordinator:
JTucker@foxrunorchardpark.com or 716.508.2113
Robyn Foster, Independent Living Activities Coordinator:
RFoster@foxrunorchardpark.com or 716.508.2108